Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT) is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future.
Title: Continuous Improvement Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $86,500 - $132,000
Location: Boulder / Lafayette, CO
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (matching 4% with a minimum 5% contribution
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays, 2 weeks of sick time, 7 paid holidays throughout the year) and parental leave.
- Break rooms stocked with snacks and drinks
Position Purpose: The Continuous Improvement Specialist will be reporting to the COO, this person is responsible for leading cross-functional, quality, schedule, and performance improvement initiatives in support of all aspects of the company operations. The position is based at our headquarters in Lafayette, CO.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to develop, implement, and communicate the operations strategy, issues based upon meaningful metrics, and initiatives to improve performance
- Define the value stream from design through deliver, identify all cost and schedule drivers along this value stream, develop metrics to monitor/measure all elements in the value stream, identify areas for optimization in the value stream and work cross functionally to implement improvement initiatives, define Service Level Agreements for all of the processes involved
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and drive best practices
- Identify, recommend, and implement processes, technologies, and systems to continuously improve product and service quality as well as operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop and execute annual operating plans and budgets
- Ensure departmental decisions and project plans are in line with the organization’s business strategy and plan
- Motivate, cultivate, and mentor a high-performing team
- Communicate and advocate operational needs to the internal team
- Partner and collaborate effectively with all functional areas of the business
- Develop and present performance reports and metrics to the leadership team members
- Develop, stand up, and chair a Risk and Opportunities board
- Assist in readying the company’s policies and procedures to ensure AS9100 certification
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of successful operations management experience in multi-location manufacturing and distribution environments
- A./B.S. degree required; MBA is a plus
- Hands-on, results-oriented leader with a proven track record of successfully developing people and teams to their fullest potential
- Proven ability to develop, implement, and lead successful strategies and tactics to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment while adhering to high ethical standards
- Proven ability to build strong, effective relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience with and ability to travel, both domestically and internationally
This job operates in a professional office environment, but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Cathy Juntunen at 720-450-8252