Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT) is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future.
Blue Canyon Technologies is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Sr. FPGA Verification Electrical Engineer to help our team design innovative solutions for the next generation cubesat and microsat systems.
Title: Sr. FPGA Verification Electrical Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $92,000 - $185,000
Location: Lafayette, CO
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (matching 4% with a minimum 5% contribution
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays, 2 weeks of sick time, 7 paid holidays throughout the year) and parental leave.
- Break rooms stocked with snacks and drinks
- Apply innovative verification techniques to create cutting-edge electronic systems.
- Work in a fast-paced team environment on a variety of R&D, proof of concept, and production programs.
- Verify digital designs using VHDL testbenches and / or SystemVerilog harnesses.
- Verification primarily in Mentor Questa Simulator tool environment, and Xilinx Vivado Simulator (XST) as needed.
- Tasks will include writing self-checking automated test harnesses in VHDL and or SystemVerilog for verification of high-speed digital systems.
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of design and technology areas supporting small satellite processing, ADCS, power control, high speed communication and SW defined radio (SDR).
- Verify margin, compliance, and fault robustness of high-speed serial interfaces such as GB Ethernet, SpaceWire and LVDS interfaces.
- Design and implement test plans for IP level, chip level and board level environments.
- Create reusable BFMs and containerized IP that can be utilized across multiple projects.
- Develop scripts for nightly verification using tools such as Tcl, Python to support Jenkins for regression testing. Develop scripts for nightly builds.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within Blue Canyon to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering and 10+ years FPGA or ASIC verification experience with VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog.
- Experience analyzing requirements, developing verification plans, and producing coverage reports for FPGA or ASIC designs.
- Bus Functional Model (BFM) and test harness block diagram design and documentation.
- Strong understanding of digital verification practices for FPGAs or ASICs, and embedded processor systems using Verilog, VHDL, or SystemVerilog.
- Familiar with verification methodologies such as Universal Verification Methodology (UVM), Constrained Random Testing, Assertion Based Verification, Clock Domain Crossing Verification, and code coverage.
- Experience with Xilinx and Microsemi FPGAs and SoCs, Including FPGA tool suites such as Xilinx Vivado, ISE and Libero for Microsemi.
- Familiarity with AXI, I2C, CAN, PCIe, Ethernet, DSP, DDR2/3, Spacewire, etc.
- Familiarity with RF sampling and SW defined radio and mixed-signal verification including discrete time domain (z-domain) analysis is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills / strong presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Mentor Questa Simulator and expertise with SystemVerilog is a plus.
- Linting and static checkers and custom script tool building experience and is a plus.
- Ability to verify requirements and flow down from system/subsystem/box/board as needed. Understanding of configuration managed process artifacts.
- Designing for space environments (temperature, shock, vibration) is a plus.
- Designing for agile and scalable methodologies and IP library management is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects
up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
*All employees of BCT possessing or attempting to gain government clearance will be required to successfully pass a drug test.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Cathy Juntunen at 720-450-8252 or HR@bluecanyontech.com.