Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT) is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future.
Blue Canyon Technologies is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Sr. FPGA/ Digital Engineer to help our team design innovative solutions for the next generation cubesat and microsat systems.
Title: Sr. FPGA/ Digital Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $92,000 - $185,000
Location: Lafayette, CO
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (matching 4% with a minimum 5% contribution
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays, 2 weeks of sick time, 7 paid holidays throughout the year) and parental leave.
- Break rooms stocked with snacks and drinks
- Apply innovative design techniques to create cutting-edge electronic systems.
- Work in a fast-paced team environment on a variety of R&D, proof of concept, and production programs.
- Design digital hardware, specifically FPGA development. Tasks will include schematic capture and hands-on lab debug of high-speed digital systems.
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of design and technology areas supporting small satellite processing, ADCS, power control, high speed communication and SW defined radio (SDR).
- Verify functionality of high-speed (Gigahertz+) interfaces on designs.
- Design and implement test fixtures including test plans for both chip-level and board level environments and create reusable circuits that can be utilized across multiple projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within Blue Canyon to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering and 10+ years digital/FPGA design experience with VHDL/Verilog.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience.
- Circuit design, documentation and implementation of high-speed digital electronics, FPGAs, and embedded processor systems.
- Strong understanding of synchronous design practices and data flow management (FIFOs, memories, pipelining)
- Experience in signal and power integrity analysis of digital/FPGA designs.
- Experience with design, analysis, and layout of PCBs with high-speed digital line rates of 1+Gb/s is a plus.
- Experience with Xilinx and Microsemi FPGAs and SoCs, Including FPGA tool suites such as Xilinx Vivado, ISE and Libero for Microsemi.
- Experience in developing specifications, and resource requirements for digital/FPGA designs.
- Familiarity with I2C, CAN, PCIe, Ethernet, DSP, DDR2/3, Spacewire, etc.
- Familiarity with Altium Designer (Nexus) is a plus.
- Expertise with Hyperlynx for signal integrity analysis is a plus.
- Ability to work requirements and flow down for system/subsystem/box/board needs.
- Designing for space environments (temperature, shock, vibration) is a plus.
- Familiarity with RF sampling and SW defined radio is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Cathy Juntunen at 720-450-8252 or HR@bluecanyontech.com.