Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT) is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future.
Blue Canyon Technologies is looking for a full-time Manufacturing Planner who is self-motivated and ready to thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Coordinate/lead multiple projects of low-med complexity and risk. Assists Program Managers in projects.
- Coordinate/track and expedite all hardware needed to support testing and customer shipments
- Generate daily schedules for multiple work centers
- Responsible for work order data integrity and how it applies to the scheduling process
- Coordinate and prioritize across multiple programs and products as work orders flow through the production and test process
Read and execute ERP/MRP to meet schedule requirements
- Facilitate project issues with various functional areas of the company
- Drive relevant project and project status communications
- Coordinate and review Engineering Changes for assigned projects
- Assist with milestone presentations
- Assist department and/or cross-functional team in process improvement activities.
- Identify and work to resolve all conflicts encountered on assigned projects
- Assist in prioritizing work assignments in each work center
Execute & monitor the schedule to meet or exceed stakeholder and customer expectations
- Accountable for hundreds of in process jobs
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Lean and formal problem-solving training preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- High level of competency in the use of PC's and associated software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of ERP applications such as Bill of Material, Engineering Change, and Planning screens
- Ability to effectively operate and lead in a project team environment while receiving minimum oversight
- Responsive and comfortable working in a dynamic environment and effectively driving critical cross-functional tasks
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks on multiple projects
- Ability to lead the department and team on process improvement activities
- Ability to effectively operate and lead in a project team environment
- Aware of customer needs and relationships
- Patience and enthusiasm to move project along even when facing setbacks
- 100% company paid insurance premiums (Health, Dental, Vision)
- 401 k
- Generous PTO program
- Beautiful new office location in Boulder, CO
This job operates in a professional office environment, but in a manufacturing company.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
*All employees of BCT possessing or attempting to gain government clearance will be required to successfully pass a drug test.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or covered veteran status or any other protected factor.